DATA ANALYST - FINANCIAL MARKETS
Founded in 2021, Battea Class Action Services is the preeminent provider of securities class action recovery services to the institutional investment community. Battea processes detailed historical trade data and efficiently handles filings and collections of class action settlement recoveries on behalf of hedge funds and proprietary trading firms. Through its highly automated Claims Engine technology, Battea provides institutional investors with a full-service, outsourced solution for securities class action claims processing.
We are looking for talented individuals that possess a unique combination of business acumen, technical skills, securities industry knowledge as well as strong interpersonal skills in order to provide technical data analysis and innovative problem solving skills. The role entails in depth data analysis and collaborating with data team co-workers and Customer Service Representatives to drive automation and efficient and timely data processing.
As a Data Analyst at Battea Class Action Services’ Stamford location, you will gain hands‐on experience in the fast growing world of securities and derivative instruments litigation settlements, while working with an experienced industry leader. You will help manage the receipt of data, analyze data for accuracy, create reports and work collaboratively with others to investigate and resolve issues. In this role, you will be a key part of the Data Analysis team which is highly visible and plays a critical role in achieving overall company goals. A competitive base salary and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with experience.
- Communicate effectively with Account Managers, Operations and clients
- Manage large volumes of data and assist in retrieving and appraising new data
- Work independently and extensively with SQL in querying data
- Process and analyze data to ensure accuracy and completeness via SQL
- Research inquiries, validate data patterns and solve complex business problems using SQL
- Track data issues and satisfy ad hoc analysis requests in a timely fashion, while managing expectations
- Monitor and implement data integrity across staging and production environments
- Undergraduate degree in technology or finance preferred
- Look for all levels of experience, from graduate to senior level
- Background in Information Systems, Math, Statistics, Economics or Finance. Financial Industry experience a plus
- MUST HAVE a working knowledge of SQL, writing SQL queries and proficiency in MS Excel
- Self‐motivated, inquisitive with a high level of integrity and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented with exceptional analytical and creative problem solving ability with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, comfortable working in a fast paced environment and able to adapt to quick changes