Battea's specialized subsidiary, Battea FX & Derivatives Group, has been monitoring the FX Instruments and FX Exchange Traded Instruments (In re Foreign Exchange Benchmark Rates U.S.), OTC U.S. Dollar LIBOR, EURIBOR, and EUROYEN Antitrust Litigation Cases very closely. In addition to helping clients analyze their FX, Derivatives, and Interest Rate transactions for eligibility in these antitrust cases, Battea and its principals are acting as market and transaction expert consultants to several leading law firms involved with the litigation in both the U.S. and Europe. With a long-standing track record of designing and implementing FX and Derivatives systems for many global banks, our principals and senior employees have an unrivaled understanding of the FX, Derivatives and Interest Rate markets operations, including the role of transactional systems.
We recognize that the landscape surrounding these Antitrust Litigation cases are quite complex, due to a multitude of factors including: location of investor, location of trades, various jurisdictional considerations, and the format or system used by each party to trade with their specific counter parties. To fully manage and navigate the details, data and complexity of filing in said cases on behalf of our clients, Battea has augmented its existing FX, Derivatives, and Interest Rate market veteran experts with additional senior FX market practitioners within The Battea FX Experts Group.
Battea's trusted group of experts, unparalleled among its peers, delivers an average of 25 years of experience in their impressive careers and will each play a vital role in perfecting your claim to ensure that all eligible transactions are in included in your recovery award.
Battea FX Experts
- Peter Kilbinger HansenChairman, Battea – Class Actions Services, LLC, Battea – Global Litigation Research, LLCMore than 25 years’ experience, co-founder, Chairman, CEO at NYFIX, Inc., which built FX and Derivatives trading systems for many of the world's largest banks and brokers.Peter Kilbinger HansenChairman, Battea – Class Actions Services, LLC, Battea – Global Litigation Research, LLC
Peter Kilbinger Hansen is the Chairman of Battea – Class Action Services, LLC and Chairman of the Evest Companies. In his twenty-plus year career, he has founded several private and public companies (listed in AMEX and NASDAQ), including broker/dealers, a clearing corporation, and a leading US equity institutional stock-crossing Alternative Trading System (ATS). Under his leadership, the businesses processed significant daily market share volume, with daily transaction volumes in the billions.
Over the past 15 years, Peter has been a featured speaker for many brokerage and institutional investor conferences, discussing modernization of the equity marketplace, equity transaction processing, transaction cost, and effectively locating liquidity for transactions. He has also been featured on CNN globally, speaking on the topic of risk management.
With significant global operations, compliance and financial transaction processing experience, he has led several equity financings, including public and private offerings, and successful financings with major investment banks including Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers, JP Morgan, UBS, Société Générale, Deutsche Bank, Wachovia, and ING. He has also led several acquisitions and divestitures.
As a private investor and financial technology entrepreneur, he continues to invest in financial services and technology companies. A native of Denmark, Mr. Hansen holds economics degrees from Neil's Brock Business School of Copenhagen and the Copenhagen University of Language and Economics.
- Lars KraghFX Expert - Chief Information Officer, Director, Battea – Class Action Services, LLCMore than 25 years’ experience, co-founder, executive, CIO at NYFIX, Inc., which built FX and Derivatives trading systems for many of the world's largest banks and brokers.Lars KraghFX Expert - Chief Information Officer, Director, Battea – Class Action Services, LLC
Lars Kragh is the Chief Information Officer of Battea – Class Action Services, LLC. He is also a Managing Director of Evest Venture Partners, with over twenty years’ of experience in financial technology. As a co-founder and executive at NYFIX, Inc., he held a variety of technical leadership roles throughout the company’s history, most recently as Chief Information Officer from 1999 to 2006. Between 1991, when the company was founded, and 1999, he was Executive Vice President of Research and Development and held other technology management positions. As lead technologist for NYFIX, he managed a product portfolio ranging from equity Order Management Systems (OMS), market making workstations, trade routing engines, and network services.
With detailed knowledge of products’ interaction, including cross-division values and overlap issues, Lars possesses in-depth equity industry knowledge spanning market structures, exchanges, broker/dealers, and asset management firms. He also possesses detailed design and architecture expertise across various subject matters, including transaction cost analysis (TCA), execution quality, networking, and display mechanisms. At NYFIX, he directed all production technology, including data centers and the overall network, and was responsible for mission-critical infrastructure vital to the financial industry. He has extensive experience with data system security, disaster recovery planning, and infrastructure development.
Prior to 1991, Lars developed network and transactional systems for the banking industry, involving numerous trading system integrations with global telecom and market data providers. Over the last 15 years, he has filed a number of patents involving innovative technical and business concepts. He holds a Master’s of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the Technical University of Denmark.
- Guy KershbergFX Expert ~ Senior Vice President, Quality Assurance, Battea FX Group, LLCMore than 30 years’ experience in the FX marketplace, former head of FX Trading, Treasury Manager, Banque Indosuez and Credit Commercial de France.Guy KershbergFX Expert ~ Senior Vice President, Quality Assurance, Battea FX Group, LLC
Guy Kershberg has over 30 years’ experience in the Foreign Exchange marketplace. Guy previously was the head of FX trading, Treasury Manager, at both Banque Indosuez and Credit Commercial de France. He held currency trader positions with First Chicago International and Société Générale. Guy holds an MBA from the University of Hartford, Bachelor’s degree from Central Connecticut State University and Series 6, 7 & 63 licenses.
- J. Timothy Garland, CPAFX Expert - Senior Vice President, Finance & Operations, Battea – Class Action Services, LLCMore than 20 years' experience, former CFO at Lasser Marshall, one of the world's leading FX inter-bank broker dealers.J. Timothy Garland, CPAFX Expert - Senior Vice President, Finance & Operations, Battea – Class Action Services, LLC
J. Timothy Garland, CPA has over 20 years’ experience in financial and operational leadership roles in the financial services industry and with technology providers to the financial community. Prior to joining Battea, he was the Chief Financial Officer of FXDirectDealer LLC, a retail foreign exchange dealer and member of the National Futures Association.
Earlier in his career, he held the position of Executive Vice President and Chief Financial and Administrative Officer at M.W. Marshall, Inc., one of the preeminent global inter-dealer brokers specializing in currencies, repos, and other financial instruments traded among banks and financial institutions, where he was responsible for all regulatory, financial and administrative functions. An expert in strategic planning and operations, Timothy served as a member of the London-based parent company's international Board of Directors.
Following this, he participated in the successful launch of a software provider to the financial services industry. As Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, he was instrumental in the development of the business plan that facilitated the completion of two rounds of venture capital financing. He also served as the Chief Operating Officer of Hays & Company LLP, a New York City-based firm of certified public accountants, where he was responsible for managing all financial and administrative matters of the firm’s practice. He began his career at PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP. A member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants, he also holds the Series 3, Series 7, Series 24, Series 27 and Series 34 securities licenses. He graduated with honors from Lehigh University, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting.
- James DonahueFX Expert ~ Vice President, Battea FX Group, LLCMore than 20 years’ experience, former Director of FX Trading, Bank of America-Merrill Lynch’s Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities Division.James DonahueFX Expert ~ Vice President, Battea FX Group, LLC
James Donahue comes to Battea with over 20 years of experience within the financial industry. From 1996 to 2010, he served as Director of Foreign Exchange Trading within Bank of America-Merrill Lynch’s Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities Division. James’s responsibilities included market-making and proprietary risk taking in European, Asian, North American, and Emerging Market currencies throughout his tenure. The following four years, he focused his efforts on building out Westpac Institutional Bank’s, an Australian banking leader, presence within the GFX marketspace. His prior experience includes trading and risk management within debt markets for both BNP and J.P. Morgan. He earned a Bachelor’s degree from the Catholic University of America.
- Mark RousseauFX Expert ~ Vice President, Software Development, Battea – Class Action Services, LLCMore than 20 years' experience, seasoned IT solutions architect, developer, and system integrator with the LMAX FX exchange to support high speed pricing and trading.Mark RousseauFX Expert ~ Vice President, Software Development, Battea – Class Action Services, LLC
Mark Rousseau is focused on new product development and evolving Battea’s client reporting tools. He has over 20 years’ of experience as a seasoned IT solutions architect and developer, over 15 years’ of experience in the financial technology industry, and seven years’ of enterprise experience in the transportation industry. He specializes in developing solutions to meet business needs. He joined Battea from FedEx Services, where he led technical efforts as a software architect and technical advisor. Previously, he held multiple technical roles in NYFIX in product development. With particular expertise in the FIX (Financial Information eXchange) Protocol, Mark’s vast experience includes programming electronic trading systems and data processing systems. He earned a master’s degree in Physics from the University of Maine and a BS in physics from the University of Connecticut.
- Robert McMillenFX Expert ~ Chief Security Officer, Battea – Class Action Services, LLCMore than 20 years’ experience, executive at NYFIX, Inc., which built FX and Derivatives trading systems for many of the world's largest banks and brokers.Robert McMillenFX Expert ~ Chief Security Officer, Battea – Class Action Services, LLC
Robert McMillen is Battea’s Chief Security Officer, responsible for data security and the design and implementation of the company’s data center and telecommunications infrastructure. He has over 25 years of experience building and supporting financial technology and infrastructure. Prior to joining Battea, he was a member of the management team at NYFIX, Inc., where he held various leadership roles, including Director of Applications Development and VP of Systems Architecture. He co-designed, implemented and supported six generations of the NYFIX Data Center, a leading financial trading network processing millions of real-time trading transactions on a daily basis. He designed and implemented the Data Center’s WAN infrastructure used on the NYSE floor and on NYFIX’s client trading desks in the buy-side and sell-side community. He was also responsible for the design, implementation, and support of the company’s Oracle and Sybase databases and EMC storage infrastructure.
Robert has worked for and consulted to a number of top financial firms and Fortune 500 companies, including Eastman Kodak, Donaldson Lufkin and Jenrette, Smith Barney, Reuters, Digital Equipment Corporation, JP Morgan, and SoftBank Corp. He has consulted to firms in international financial centers in London, Tokyo and Singapore. During his tenure with these firms, he designed, developed, enhanced, and implemented numerous trading and/or market data platforms.
- Tim DillonFX Expert ~ Vice President, Sales, Battea – Class Action Services, LLCMore than 15 years’ experience, former FX Trader, Banque Indosuez and Credit Commercial de France.Tim DillonFX Expert ~ Vice President, Sales, Battea – Class Action Services, LLC
Tim Dillon has over 15 years’ of experience in the financial industry and joined Battea from Options IT, a provider of high-performance technology infrastructure services for hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, investment banks, and brokerages. Prior to that, he was Senior Vice President at JonesTrading, where he oversaw the firm's electronic trading sales effort. Previously, he was Vice President of Sales at NYFIX, where his focus was electronic trading and connectivity sales to the buy-side. His other prior experience includes sales and trading roles at Cantor Fitzgerald, Banque Indosuez (now Calyon, Credit Agricole CIB), and Credit Commercial de France. He earned a bachelor's degree from Mount St. Mary's College and is based in our Stamford, CT office.
- Christie CelliniFX Expert ~ Senior Vice President, Operations, Battea – Class Action Services, LLCVast experience analyzing case data, scouring securities litigation settlements news for updates, and directing all administrator communications.Christie CelliniFX Expert ~ Senior Vice President, Operations, Battea – Class Action Services, LLC
Christie Cellini is Senior Vice President of Operations for Battea - Class Action Services, LLC. She heads up the firm’s efforts in analyzing case data, scouring the universe of securities litigation settlements for updates and new information. She also handles all administrator communications regarding client claims. Before joining Battea, she performed mutual fund accounting and financial reporting duties for Franklin Templeton. She holds a bachelor’s degree from California State University Sacramento and earned her MBA from the University of San Francisco.